Structural design is the process of designing a structure, such as a building, bridge, or other infrastructure, to ensure that it is safe, stable, and capable of supporting its intended loads and functions.
The structural design process typically involves several steps, including:
- Conceptual design: In this stage, the engineer develops a general concept for the structure based on the project requirements and constraints.
- Analysis: The engineer performs structural analysis to determine the loads and stresses that the structure will be subjected to and to ensure that it can support those loads without failure.
- Design: Based on the results of the structural analysis, the engineer designs the structure to meet the required performance criteria and safety standards.
- Detailing: Once the design is complete, the engineer develops detailed plans and specifications for the construction of the structure.
- Construction: During the construction phase, the engineer may oversee the construction process to ensure that the structure is built in accordance with the plans and specifications.
Structural design is critical to the safety and performance of structures, as it ensures that they can support their intended loads and functions without failure. A well-designed structure is essential to the safety of its occupants, as well as to the overall success of the project.
Why choose Neilly Davies?
- Neilly Davies has a dedicated structural engineering team with over 50 years of experience that completes structural designs, assessments and reporting for various clients ranging from residential to government.
- We approach projects with a client centric focus, designing economically constructible designs within short delivery timelines.
- We don’t shy away from complex and intricate projects, and take on any challenge irrespective of the complexity