Structural assessment is a process of evaluating the safety and stability of a structure, such as a building, bridge, retaining wall, or other infrastructure, to determine if it can perform its intended function. Qualified engineers use a range of techniques to evaluate the condition of the structure and identify any potential issues that may affect its performance. The assessment process typically involves a combination of visual inspection, testing, and analysis.
Structural assessment may be required for a range of reasons, including:
- Safety: The safety of a structure is the most important reason to have a structural assessment. A structural assessment can help identify any potential safety hazards and recommend the necessary repairs or modifications to mitigate them.
- Regulatory compliance: Some structures, such as buildings or bridges, may be subject to regulatory requirements that mandate regular structural assessments to ensure compliance with safety standards and building codes.
- Due diligence: If you are buying or selling a property, a structural assessment can provide vital information about the condition of the structure and help to identify any potential issues that may affect its value or safety.
- Insurance: Insurance companies may require a structural assessment to evaluate the risk associated with insuring a structure and to determine the appropriate level of coverage.
- Renovations or modifications: If you are planning to renovate or modify a structure, a structural assessment can help to identify any potential issues that may need to be addressed before beginning the project.
The results of a structural assessment can be used to identify any necessary repairs or modifications that are required to improve the safety and performance of the structure. This may involve replacing damaged components, or strengthening the structure to improve its ability to withstand loads and stresses
Why choose Neilly Davies?
- Neilly Davies has a dedicated structural engineering team with over 50 years of experience that completes structural designs, assessments and reporting for various clients ranging from residential to government.
- We approach projects with a client centric focus, designing economically constructible designs within short delivery timelines.
- We don’t shy away from complex and intricate projects, and take on any challenge irrespective of the complexity