We are experts in civil engineering.
When it comes to Civil projects, it is important to understand the topography and geometry of the land where the project is going to be located. Our experienced Civil Engineers Consultants will ensure that you have the necessary designs and advice that you require to construct suitable civil infrastructure for your development.
Why hire a Civil Engineer?
There are several reasons why you should consider hiring a civil engineer:
- Design expertise: Civil engineers specialise in designing structures and systems for infrastructure, highways, bridges, buildings, and other public works projects. They will apply engineering principles to design a customised solution for your project.
- Cost-effective solutions: Civil engineers can help you save money on your construction project by identifying the most cost-effective materials and technologies to use. They can also help with budget planning.
- Technical knowledge: Civil engineers have technical knowledge in areas such as geotechnical engineering, structural engineering, and environmental engineering. They will apply their knowledge to provide a viable and effective solution.
- Compliance with regulations: Civil engineers stay abreast of regulatory requirements and can help ensure that your project meets all applicable codes and standards.
- Project management skills: Civil engineers are skilled in project management, scheduling, budgeting, and quality control. They will oversee your project to ensure that it stays on track and within budget.
Hiring a civil engineer can help ensure that your construction project is completed efficiently, safely, and to the highest quality standards.
Civil Engineering requirements for Development Application (DA)
A streamlined DA must address all applicable development controls underpinned by engineering principles and calculations. The DA is to include technical drawings, reports, computer models and layout of land use. As Civil Engineers, we consider how the proposed development will impact and integrate into the adjoining land, utilities, and public infrastructure. In addition, consideration must be given to the geometry of the proposed Civil works to ensure that vehicular and pedestrian movement is fully accommodated.
It is important to understand your local council’s requirements in the early planning stages of your development application to ensure that the proposed road and footpath layout are appropriately designed by preparing a “Design Concept” with the use of architectural drawings, surveys, and council standards, so that you do not encounter delays or amendments.
Once you receive DA approval from council, our engineers will begin preparing the “Detailed Design” for construction purposes. A draft copy of the drawings will be issued, for your and Architects review and approval, prior to final “issued for construction (IFC)” drawings are forwarded to you.
Typical DA submission requirements to consider for a civil engineering project include:
- A general arrangement plan showing the existing landform, built environment and infrastructure.
- A survey plan showing contours and drainage features.
- Vertical elevations for applicable key elements such as road elevations, cross sections, and long sections.
- Impacts on adjoining land if identified and permission from adjoining owner consenting to the proposed development.
- Computer geometric models and integrated plans defining the entire concept for vehicular and pedestrian infrastructure.
Why choose Neilly Davies for Civil Engineering work?
At Neilly Davies, we are committed to providing high-quality civil engineering consulting services that meet the needs of our clients. Here are some reasons why you should choose us:
- Experience: Our team of engineers has extensive experience in a wide range of civil engineering projects.
- Expertise: We have expertise in a range of civil engineering disciplines, including design, project management, feasibility studies, environmental assessment, and construction supervision.
- Technology: We use the latest technology and software to design safe, efficient, and cost-effective civil engineering solutions.
- Client-Focused: We work closely with our clients to understand their needs and develop solutions that meet their project goals.
- Quality Assurance: We have a rigorous quality assurance process that ensures that our work meets the highest standards of quality and safety.